Monday, February 11, 2013

Chalkboard napkin rings

Want a napkin ring that also serves as a placeholder? All you need is a wooden napkin ring and some chalkboard paint!


I bought a package of 8 wooden napkin rings at my local craft store for a couple dollars. I painted the rings with watered down gray paint, let dry, then dry brushed white paint on top, wiping off the excess. The inner part of the rings got two coats of black chalkboard paint. Once the paint is dry you can personalize your napkin rings with a chalk marker or chalk. That's all there is to it!


2 comments:

  1. Is it hard to get the chalk paint off of the chalkboard paint? We thought about using those pens on our chalkboard table but read that they don't come off all the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does leave a little bit of a "shadow" when you wipe it off, so I used chalk marker for my name and Zach's, and usually use regular chalk for guests, since it erases a little cleaner. I think the smoother the surface the better the chalk marker erases.

      Delete